Golf Travel Egypt was launched at the International Golf Travel Market (IGTM) on Tuesday with the stated objective of implementing a national golf tourism strategy and thereby driving golf tourism to Egypt’s established golf destinations in ever increasing numbers.
Golf Travel Egypt is a private sector Destination Management Company, set up by CTT Travel. The initiative has the backing of the Egyptian Tourism Authority and the Egyptian Golf Federation as well as being endorsed by the international golf tourism industry body, IAGTO.
Mohammed Atallah, Golf Business Development Director of Golf Travel Egypt, said “Golf Travel Egypt has been developed to revolutionize the golf travel industry in Egypt, bringing together all of the stakeholders in the country and harnessing the support of the relevant tourism and golf organisations.”
He added “Our objective is very simple: We will implement a national golf tourism strategy that is designed to both deliver the best possible experience to the visiting golf traveller and generate renewed interest in Egypt as a golf destination amongst golfers in all key markets. We are fully focussed on developing and driving the Golf Tourism Strategy for our remarkable timeless destination.”
The Strategy will focus on:
- Showcasing the ‘ancient and modern’ appeal of Egypt as a unique golf destination with world class golf courses set in a unique environment that combines ancient culture and modern resorts;
- Developing product and packages that will appeal to golfers visiting from Europe and Asia as well as the growing intra-African golf market and long-haul golf travellers from the Americas;
- Working in tandem with IAGTO golf tour operators by providing them with the benefits of a tailored golf specialist DMC (destination management company) and support to generate coverage of Egypt as a golf destination in their local markets.
Mohammed said “We have begun this week at IGTM by presenting the tour operators and media with a clear picture of what Egypt has to offer. We have set out the messages that we wish to get across to golfers and provided the collateral to back this up.”
The core messages of the Golf Travel Egypt strategy include:
- A unique Ancient & Modern golfing experience: Playing on world class golf courses on the doorstep of an ancient civilisation. A unique ‘bucket list’ opportunity for golf travellers seeking remarkable golf experiences;
- Easy access to Cairo, Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh
- Unhurried golf under guaranteed sunshine on the Red Sea coast
- Great value for money
- Cairo & Red Sea combinations, unparalleled anywhere else in the world
- Fantastic facilities in a relaxing atmosphere for learning or improving golf
- Endless combinations of golf with spa, shopping, culture, adventure, watersports, sightseeing and resort life
Mohammed Atallah concluded: “IGTM has been a great launching pad for Golf Travel Egypt and I am delighted with the interest that we have already received from golf tour operators and golf travel writers alike. By implementing the recommendations of IAGTO and by developing strong partnerships with IAGTO member operators, we will without doubt play an important role in Egypt’s tourism future and, most importantly, deliver remarkable experiences to thousands of golf travellers the world over who yearn to experience the land of the Pharaohs from the aspect of world class fairways under a timeless sun.”
View Fact Sheet (461kb PDF)
View Backstory (401kb PDF)