The largest sport events conference in Canada will take place on the west coast for the first time ever from April 18-20 in Richmond, BC at the River Rock Casino Resort hotel.
Sport Events Congress is widely recognized as the premier annual gathering of representatives from national/multi-sport and major games organizations, event rights holders, convention and visitors bureaus, economic development agencies, parks and recreation departments, industry suppliers and corporate sponsors.Ã‚Â The Congress features an outstanding variety of business-to-business, networking and topical educational sessions and attracts some of CanadaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s top sport tourism talent!
Stay tuned for an announcement about Congress headliners and program coming soon!
Other SEC 2012 highlights include:
- PRESTIGE awards luncheon Ã¢â‚¬Â¦Ã¢â‚¬Â¦ CSTAÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s 6th annual luncheon recognizing outstanding accomplishments in the sport tourism industry will take place on April 19th
- Sport Events Exchange, a business-to-business marketplace that matches events rights holders/sport organizations with potential host communities through one-on-one appointments lasting 8-10 minutes.
- Hot topics including trends/state of the industry, bidding processes, funding sources, sport marketing, event sponsorship, how accommodations partners can increase the sport travel business and more!
- Richmond and Vancouver will host the BEST hospitality and networking events yet!
- Panel Discussions &Training Sessions on industry tools designed to help event hosts and event planners stage a successful event.
- New sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities Ã¢â‚¬Â¦.. enhance your profile at the Congress and save on registration fees!
Interested in Attending? ?Early bird registration rates are in effect until February 29, 2012.Ã‚Â Sport organizations may be eligible for complimentary registrations fees, travel and accommodations as part of the Go Congress! program offered by CSTA and Tourism Richmond.
Source:Ã‚Â Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance