Ethiosports is an Ethiopian-American Sports News & Press Release Service based in Oregon, USA.
Ethiosports has been Ethiopia’s premier sports news magazine since 1999. But after more than a decade of valuable service, we felt that our readers will benefit greatly if we:
- Increase our sports news categories
- Add a new sports press release service and
- Expand our geographical coverage to the United States, where the majority of our readers reside.
- Sports News (Athletics, Soccer, Cycling, Basketball, Football …)
- Sports Bars & Pubs
- Sports Business
- Sports Camps & Academies
- Sports Destinations & Tours
- Sports Events
- Sports Facilities
- Sports Media (TV, Websites, etc…)
- Sports Medicine and
- Sports Tourism
We hope you will enjoy the new categories which will provide you a one-stop source for All-Sports related news & information.
- To post the latest sports news & press releases
- To inform Ethiopian-American sports fans about sporting events in Ethiopia and here in the US
- To connect the US and Ethiopia in Adventure, Sports, Travel & Tourism.
- To promote Ethiopia and the United States as great destinations for adventure & sports.
- To serve as an information forum for adventure travelers to share their experience in Ethiopia and in the US.
- To create a platform for travel & tourism-related companies and others to advertise their products & services.
- To bring together entrepreneurs and investors to discuss tourism-related investment opportunities in the country.
What We Do
- Post News & Press Releases, Deals & Discounts, Events & Profiles
- Provide a platform for businesses and organizations to advertise their products and services to the 1,000,000 Ethiopians living in the United States.
- Help connect visitors and service providers
News & Press Releases posted on Ethiosports are indexed in Google News, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines.
We’ve also created Sports Tourism News, a new online news magazine dedicated to Sports Tourism in the United States and around the globe.
1 million Ethiopians in the US
The number of Ethiopians & Ethiopian-Americans living and working in the United States is estimated to be around 1 million. Ethiosports will serve as a great platform for companies and advertisers to explore this niche & untapped market.
News, Press Releases & Articles - We will post the latest news & information and also welcome your press releases and articles. Please send yours at: [email protected].
Events: We can post your “Events. Send yours at: [email protected]
Partners & Sponsors: We will work with any organization, institution and business to create mutually-beneficial opportunities. Send us all your sponsors’ queries at: [email protected].
Advertising: Become a sponsor of EthioSports and we’ll publish your company’s profile; news, press releases, articles, deals & offers, events …. We offer the following advertising opportunities: Square (125×125), Rectangle (300×250) and Banner (468×60) Ads. Vitit our “Advertising Page” or contact us at: [email protected]
Mamo Gebrehiwot, Founder & Publisher -[email protected]
Founder & Managing Editor- Mamo Gebrehiwot Mamo Gebrehiwot is an Ethiopian/American Sports Consultant with extensive business and sports background. Education: B.A. in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting- San Jose State University,Â San Jose, California. Sports Background: Mamo played for Electric Football Club’s reserve team, one of Ethiopia’s leading soccer clubs but his playing career was cut short due to a nagging knee injury. Undeterred by the setback, he used his love for the sportÂ and his language skills to pursue a career as a sport journalist with the English daily “Ethiopian Herald”,Â which gave him the opportunity to meet and interview some of Africa’s leading soccer stars, athletes, coaches and officials. Following his move to the United States, where he received a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from San Jose State University, Mamo worked as a Credit analyst and Auditor for Silicon Valley BankÂ for seven years. Despite his striving career, he left the banking world to pursue a career in sports. He has, since then, worked as an independent sports consultant working with the Ethiopian Athletics and Football Federations, founded soccer-africa.com, an online magazine (folded in 2000) and Ethiosports.com, which was mentioned as one of the world’s 100 Best Soccer Sites by Soccer America magazine (July 3, 2000). Languages Skills: Amharic (Ethiopian), French and English He currently resides in Aloha, Oregon, where he can be reached at: [email protected] Mamo with some of the World’s Greatest Sports Personalities
- Mamo with England’s 1966 World Cup winner & Manchester United superstar
- Sir Bobby Charlton (left), France’s 1984 European Champion & current UEFA President
- Michel Platini (center), CAF President Issa Hayatou and 2010 Southe Africa’s World
- Cup Organizing Committee President, Danny Jordan
- Mamo with Ethiopia’s greatest athlete Haile Gebrselassie (left), Germany’s World
- Cup winner and current US national soccer team coach Jurgen Klinsman (center)
- and England’s 1966 World Cup hat-trickÂ hero Geoff Hurst
EthioSports.com has over the years interviewed some of Ethiopia’s greatest athletes such asÂ Haile Gebrselassie &Â Kenenisa Bekele, and worked with & assisted:
- Ethiopian Football Federation (EFF)
- Ethiopian Athleticsâ€™ Federation (EAF)
- National Ethiopian Cycling Federation (NECF)
- Ethiopian Ju Jitsu Association
- Confederation of Africaine Football (CAF)
- International Amateur Athletics Federations (IAAF) and
- A great number of individuals (Ethiopians & others) and NGOs
EthioSports’ contribution to Ethiopian sports is not limited to just reporting news & information, as it has:
- Provided running shoes to young Ethiopian runners
- Organized & financed a cycling championship (bearing its name) in 1999 in Addis Ababa,Â Ethiopia, which was attended by 20,000 cycling enthusiasts. The competition was covered byÂ all Ethiopian media -Â print, radio & TV.
- Assisted a number of individuas & organizations and much more.