Haile Gebrselassie among the 8 greatest sportsmen of all time
South Wales Evening Post has named Haile Gebrselassie of Ethiopia as one of the 8 greatest sportsmen of all time.
The newspaper said that the Ethiopian World and Olympic champion was unquestionably the greatest and most versatile distance runner in history.
The 8 athletes are:
- Football: Pele (Brazil)
- Boxing: Muhammad Ali (USA)
- Rugby: Gareth Edwards (Wales)
- Formula 1: Ayrton Senna (Brazil)
- Athletics: Haile Gebrselassie (Ethiopia)
- Golf: Jack Nicklaus (USA)
- Skiing: Bode Miller (USA)
- Basketball: Michael Jordan (USA)
Read more at: South Wales Post