Imperial Ethiopia with Patricia Schultz
Join Patricia Schultz, author of Ã¢â‚¬Å“1000 Places to See Before You DieÃ¢â‚¬Â as you explore a country whose heritage and history rivals only the cultural and natural treasures it boasts, including 9 UNESCO- designated world heritage sites and an additional 3 sites pending. Come along and discover where the Ark of the Covenant lies; where the culture of coffee first commenced; where one of the great ancient empires claimed its home, and more! Seize the opportunity to explore the mystery and beauty of Ethiopia with the NY Times Bestselling author and global travel expert.
Patricia Schultz is the author of the New York Times bestseller 1,000 Places to See Before You Die, now in its second edition (2011).Ã‚Â A veteran travel journalist with 25 years of experience, she has writtenÃ‚Â for guidebooks such as Frommer’s and Berlitz and periodicals includingÃ‚Â The Wall Street Journal and Everyday With Rachael Ray. She also executive-produced a Travel Channel television program based onÃ‚Â 1,000 Places to See Before You Die.
10 Days from $5,399
- Two half-day city tours of Addis Ababa
- Visit Gondar, the Ã¢â‚¬Å“Camelot of AfricaÃ¢â‚¬Â, and Axum, the reputed resting place of the Ã¢â‚¬Å“Ark of Covenant
- Visit Lalibela with its rock hewn churches built into the hills
- The peaks and waterfalls of the Simien Mountains
- Traditional Festive Folkloric Dinner Show
- Farewell dinner at a private Addis Ababa villa
- Visit four UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- 7 Breakfasts, 7 Lunches, 8 Dinners
OPTIONAL POST EXTENSIONS ($499)
- Hope For Children Volunteer Work at an Addis Ababa orphanage – accommodations at theÃ‚Â Jupiter International Hotel
- Extend your Ethiopia vacation with a custom created safari to either Kenya or Tanzania.
Note: Alternate 2013 departure dates are available upon request.
- Clients purchasing Land Only are required to pay an additional $500 for three Inter-Ethiopian flights
- US Citizens require a passport valid for six months beyond travel dates and an Ethiopian Visa.
Please visit ET African JourneysÃ‚Â forÃ‚Â Itinerary, Dates & Rates,